State Data Showcase
Join us during National Library Week, April 16-20, 2007, for the State Data Showcase! Spend an hour, a day, or all week at the State Library of Iowa in Des Moines, exploring the wealth of data available from state and federal agencies.
See the Schedule of Classes
Register by going to the State Library's Continuing Education catalog
- Classes cover data sources about Iowa's population, communities, workers, children, schools, colleges, crime, natural resources, transportation, health, agriculture, government finances, legislature, and grants.
- One day is dedicated to interactive mapping and GIS data resources in state agencies.
- Subject matter experts in each class will answer your questions about where to find data, how data are collected, how often data are updated, and where to get help in using data.
- All classes are free. You may register for one session or as many sessions as you like. Each class is 50 minutes.
- State Library of Iowa/State Data Center
- Iowa Departments of Education, Economic Development, Human Rights, Human Services, Management, Natural Resources, Public Health, Public Safety, Revenue, Transportation, and Workforce Development; Iowa College Student Aid Commission; Legislative Services Agency; National Agricultural Statistics Service; Child and Family Policy Center/Iowa Kids Count
Contact Beth Henning in the State Data Center
- (515) 281-4350 or (800) 248-4483